Error when clicking on "ESP Query Server Connections"

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:43 PM

I can install the web parts just fine, but when I click on the "ESP Query Server Connections" link in the Site Collection Administration column, I get the below error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at Com.FastSearch.SharePoint.BL.SearchManager.ESPSearchManager.GetQRServerConfigInternal()
   at Com.FastSearch.SharePoint.BL.SearchManager.ESPSearchManager.get_SPWebApplicationQRServersConfig()
   at Com.FastSearch.SharePoint.BL.SearchManager.ESPSearchManager.GetSearchfactoryConfig(SPWebApplication app)
   at Com.FastSearch.SharePoint.BL.SearchManager.ESPSearchManager..ctor(SPWebApplication app)
   at Com.FastSearch.SharePoint.BL.SearchManager.ESPSearchManager.GetInstance(SPWebApplication app)
   at Com.FastSearch.SharePoint.BL.SearchManager.ESPSearchManagerFactory.Create(SPWebApplication app)
   at Com.FastSearch.SharePoint.WebControls.ESPSearchWebParts.Admin.ESPConnectionConfig.GetSearchManager()
   at Com.FastSearch.SharePoint.WebControls.ESPSearchWebParts.Admin.ESPConnectionConfig.GetCurrentQRServersValue()
   at Com.FastSearch.SharePoint.WebControls.ESPSearchWebParts.Admin.ESPConnectionConfig.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

This is on my production farm which has two Windows 2008 x64 web servers, and one Windows 2008 x64 app/index server.

I filed a ticket with Microsoft support, but they basically gave me the finger and told me too bad. Officially, SharePoint 2007 and FAST are not supported. There doesn't appear to be any support on these web parts any longer either since the last update was two years ago. i am just hoping someone has gotten past this error somehow.

Jun 29, 2010 at 2:15 AM
I also had same issue with most of the deployment we did. But you can still make use of web part by setting up QR Server url in Search Manager web part in Search Page.