Installed fine but doesn't work...

Jun 23, 2008 at 4:36 PM
It's not hard to click on Setup.exe and let it do it's thing which I did. Not sure what happened. I activated the feature of course and created a FAST ESP search website. I wanted to install it because MS bought this really expensive company and I assume they are releasing a web parts that do something different that what their original web parts do although I haven't heard them claim anything to that effect so I truly have no idea why I am installing it anyway ;) . The error in the webparts say "This info is only available at design time" and "Failed to fetch Search View espsystemwebcluster". Any thoughts?

Jun 23, 2008 at 7:30 PM

cephusj wrote:
It's not hard to click on Setup.exe and let it do it's thing which I did. Not sure what happened. I activated the feature of course and created a FAST ESP search website. I wanted to install it because MS bought this really expensive company and I assume they are releasing a web parts that do something different that what their original web parts do although I haven't heard them claim anything to that effect so I truly have no idea why I am installing it anyway ;) . The error in the webparts say "This info is only available at design time" and "Failed to fetch Search View espsystemwebcluster". Any thoughts?

Cephusj,
Did you install FAST ESP?  These web parts are designed to take advantage of the powerful search options provided in the FAST Enterprise Search Platform.  Without FAST ESP installed, (which is a separate install, try contacting sales@fastsearch.com) then these webparts are not of any value.

The error message "failed to fetch Search View espsystemwebcluster" indicates that ESP is not installed, or your webparts are not configured to communicate with ESP correctly.
You can find out a little more about what ESP offers here: http://fastsearch.com/
Jun 25, 2008 at 2:07 AM

tnaylor wrote:

cephusj wrote:

Cephusj,
Did you install FAST ESP?  These web parts are designed to take advantage of the powerful search options provided in the FAST Enterprise Search Platform.  Without FAST ESP installed, (which is a separate install, try contacting sales@fastsearch.com) then these webparts are not of any value.

The error message "failed to fetch Search View espsystemwebcluster" indicates that ESP is not installed, or your webparts are not configured to communicate with ESP correctly.
You can find out a little more about what ESP offers here: http://fastsearch.com/

And there lies the crux of the problem. I did not install FAST ESP tnaylor. I found out about the web parts from a blog which said the web parts were available and from everything I read about it, no one mentioned that there was a pre-req. I just assumed it was using the SQL index and showing the info differently. I assume this is a seperate purchase even though MS owns FAST now correct?
Jul 3, 2008 at 7:04 PM

Did you find an answer to your question? Where can we get a copy of FAST ESP? Is there a trial/free version available anywhere?

cephusj wrote:

tnaylor wrote:

cephusj wrote:

Cephusj,

And there lies the crux of the problem. I did not install FAST ESP tnaylor. I found out about the web parts from a blog which said the web parts were available and from everything I read about it, no one mentioned that there was a pre-req. I just assumed it was using the SQL index and showing the info differently. I assume this is a seperate purchase even though MS owns FAST now correct?

Coordinator
Jul 3, 2008 at 7:08 PM
Edited Jul 3, 2008 at 7:09 PM
At this time there is no trial version of ESP available, but it is likely as ESP instance will be made available with some content that anyone can pull results from.  Stay tuned.
Jul 3, 2008 at 7:17 PM
Thanks for the quick response.

nodiseos wrote:
At this time there is no trial version of ESP available, but it is likely as ESP instance will be made available with some content that anyone can pull results from.  Stay tuned.

Jul 7, 2008 at 10:57 AM
Hello Cephusj,

I read all your suggessions , they were good. 
I downloaded ESP web parts and installed on the server. ( available at http://www.codeplex.com/espwebparts/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=14575 )
And then i created the site ( Fast Search ).
But while searching i am getting following error.

"Failed to fetch Search View espsystemwebcluster"

Will you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nilesh
Jul 23, 2008 at 4:55 PM
Just wondering....is there an update on whether (or when) the ESP instance will become available?
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2008 at 5:32 PM
Still not confirmed that we in fact will have one, but assuming we get the OK, it   would be early August
Jul 24, 2008 at 12:30 AM
Thank you!
Vaegy
Aug 1, 2008 at 6:25 PM
I was wondering if you knew of any ESP demos available online. It would be great to get an idea of how the ESP search engine works.

Sorry for asking again - any updates on the ESP instance?

Thanks,
Vani