Navs do not recognize search profile

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2008 at 6:12 PM
The install and configuration was a breeze!  From install to results returning from an existing ESP install, it took me < 10 minutes.   However, one issue I have run into is that the navigators do not recognize search profiles.  In the ESP Result List web part, if I choose a collection or espsystemwebcluster, navs appear, but if I select a search profile (cased on one of the collections) the navigators are empty and do not appear.  Any thoughts on how to change this?
Developer
Jun 25, 2008 at 8:27 AM
The first thing to check, is if you get navigators when you search the search profile using the default search front-end bundled with your ESP. Also, have you done any changes to the navigator settings in the Search Business Center?
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2008 at 10:03 PM
I think I see the problem now, after readin Manfred's post. I had both a Results List WP and a Search Config WP.  Once I deleted the Search Config web part all was happy.  not sure why this is even needed since there will always be a Results List, no?
Developer
Jun 26, 2008 at 6:32 AM
Nice to hear that it works now.
About having a hidden Search Config Web Part.
There are several scenarios we could come up with where a search list is not really used.
Most common ones might be:
- If one wants to write their own result display web without having to implement the details on how to connect to ESP.
- Just showing navigator information in a search group.
- you might come up with some more ideas on how to use multiple search groups :-)