Using Static Query Properties & Parameter Editor ?

Jul 1, 2008 at 3:56 PM
I didnt quite understood what does Static Query Properties means in the config/result webpart...
can you please shed some light on what does it means & how can i use it ?

2nd thing is the parameter editor.
Not really sure how to use that...

3rd is that if i need to add in a feature for a user to do geo search, is there an inbuild facility to do that ?
any pointers on it ?
Developer
Jul 1, 2008 at 8:27 PM

A static query property specifies a search parameter to be added to every query that is submitted to the ESP search engine. Search parameters are used to control various functionality in the query- and result pipelines. You can use static query properties to specify standard query parameters that work with the default pipelines, or you can define parameters for custom query transformers or result processors.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the functionality of the parameter editor; it's something we get along with the XSL editor when we extend DataFormWebPart.

We have not written any web parts for supporting geo search. The default search front-end bundled with FAST ESP comes with geo search support that can be enabled (see the appropriate ESP documentation for details). It's a simple interface that lets the user input coordinates, and define how far from the location the results should be found. Of course, in a production application, an address encoding utility would typically be used, to allow users to enter addresses instead of coordinates...