Icons in search results display incorrectly for most files

Jul 23, 2008 at 7:24 PM
Edited Jul 23, 2008 at 7:24 PM
I'm having an issue with the search result icons for most of the file formats returned (PDF, DOC, XLS, ..etc).  For all file types except for file types I am getting the Web Page icon, STM16.gif.  FAST seems to be interpreting the correct file type as the ContentType and Format index fields have the correct values.  The imageurl field which I guess, from reading another issue, is added by the web parts themselves, contains the link to STM16.gif.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jack
Jul 23, 2008 at 8:39 PM
I just read the user guide regarding the deployment of the ImageToMimeMapping.xml file.  I deployed it to every "bin" directory our SharePoint Front End Server that I could think of but it still has the same issue.

I have copied it to the following locations:

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bin
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\101\bin
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\102\bin
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\25624\bin
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\60\ISAPI\BIN
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\60\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\BIN
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\ISAPI
Jul 30, 2008 at 7:49 PM
I figured out the problem.  I had invalid characters in my ImageToMimeMapping.xml file.

Jack
Developer
Aug 1, 2008 at 6:34 AM
Hi

Sorry to not respond earlier but there was holiday time here :-)
I'm glad youfigured out.

One thing which is still missing in the webparts (Or in the search manager part of it) is the logging as it is somewhat hard to use the integrated sharepoint logging system from c# code.
The messages are silently ignored right now :-(
So I can understand that it was hard to find issues like that.

Manfred